På baggrund af turen til Silicon Valley vi afholdte i oktober 2018 ifm. projektet “Building a Transatlantic cyber security bridge”, har vi indgået en samarbejdsaftale med netværket Silicon Vikings. Silicon Vikings arbejder for at hjælpe startups fra norden og de baltiske lande tættere på Silicon Valley, og de afholder startup pitches og studieture. Medlemmer af CenSec kan få 500 USD rabat på studieturen. Henvend jer til Sofie på email@example.com for mere info om dette.
Silicon Vikings are organizing a study tour to Silicon Valley for Nov 4-6 for Nordic tech ecosystem leaders and executives on ‘New Opportunities for the Nordics: A Behind the Scenes Look at the Changing Silicon Valley Ecosystem’ that includes:
(1) site visits to innovative and leading Silicon Valley companies
(2) lectures from Silicon Valley thought leaders, executives and venture capitalists
(3) our annual “State of Nordic Tech in Silicon Valley” VIP reception where you will meet 100+ of the who’s who in the Nordic tech community in Silicon Valley. Past attendees have included executives from companies such as Tesla, Uber, Volvo Cars, Salesforce, Google, Instagram, Ericsson, Nokia, Lyft, Ford, IBM, Zynga, Waymo, Nestle, SAP, etc)
(4) participation in a closed EuropeSV meeting; EuropeSV is a gathering of the European Ecosystem Leadership in Silicon Valley (including European Trade Organizations, Consulates, and Business Associations in San Francisco/Silicon Valley) from over 25 countries.
• Overview of the Changing Silicon Valley Ecosystem
• Developing Nordic competitive advantages by finding gaps in Silicon Valley that align with Nordic strengths: where do gaps exist in various industries, including Cybersecurity, Digital Health, and Sustainability where Nordic companies and ecosystems can take the lead?
• The Silicon Valley Exodus: Net migration has turned negative for the San Francisco Bay Area—where are the employees and companies going and why?
• Latest Trends in Silicon Valley Venture Capital, including:
o industry predictions
o trends in cross-border VC
o growth of the VCaaS (Venture Capital as a Service) model and how European organizations can benefit
• Silicon Valley as a Global Springboard: Tapping into Silicon Valley’s global resources to advance Nordic startups internationally (a closer look at Europe, Asia, & Latin America)
• Recreating Silicon Valley’s Secret Sauce in the Nordics: Best Practices for Teaching “Pay It Forward” Culture
• The Link between Diversity & Innovation: Leveraging Silicon Valley’s Successes and Failures in Inclusive Ecosystem Building
• Best practices in building borderless ecosystems to increase connectivity and lower the learning curve
• Marten Mickos, CEO, HackerOne (previously founder of MySQL)
• Jay Song, Chief Technology Officer & Chief of Information Technology, California HighwayPatrol
• Sean Randolph, Senior Director, Bay Area Council Economic Institute
• Robert Strand, Berkeley-Haas, Executive Director, Center for Responsible Business
• Richard Dasher, Director, US-Asia Technology Management Center, Stanford University
• Bill Reichert, Venture Capitalist, Garage Technology Ventures & Pegasus Tech Ventures
• Karmen Leung, Cofounder & Executive Committee Member, Women in Big Data; Global Sales Executive with IBM Analytics Data Warehouse and IBM Analytics Cloud.
• Akesami Newsome, Associate Director at Institute of European Studies, University of California,Berkeley
• Jenny Chen, founder & CEO, 3DHeals; Neuroradiologist; Adjunct Clinical Faculty, StanfordMedical Center
• Yan Chow, Global Healthcare Industry Lead, Automation Anywhere (previously innovation/medical director at Amgen and Kaiser Permanente)
• Boris Pavlovic, Director, Executive Briefing Program at DocuSign
• Charlotte Danielsson, Founding Attorney, Infiniti Law & CEO, Silicon Vikings
• Tobias Johansson, Senior Director, Meltwater; Director, Shack15
• Michelle Rodriguez, Invest Strategy Lead, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, LinkedIn
• Panel of city/county CTO/CIOs
+more speakers to be added
Price: 2500 USB (CenSec members can get a discount code)
Registration deadline: 1 October
You can read more about the trip here: http://siliconvikings.com/studytour