5 – 6 June 2023
Nordic Study Trip: Visiting the Scottish Space Cluster
Did you know that more satellites are produced in Scotland than anywhere else in Europe? The Scottish space ecosystem is thriving, and with several spaceports in development, Scotland offers solutions across the entire space value chain – from design and manufacture of satellites to launch, telecommunications and downstream applications.
Why take part in this trip?
- Hear from key companies in the Scottish space ecosystem
- Meet the vibrant Scottish start-up community
- Learn about the Scottish space sector, including the five spaceports being developed
- Network with stakeholders from government, academia, and industry
– from Scotland and the Nordics
Date: 5 – 6 June 2023
Register here. Registration is not binding. Registration deadline is 26. May.
Sunday, 4 June
- Arrival in Edinburgh
Suggested hotel: hub by Premier Inn Edinburgh Royal Mile hotel (website)
Monday, 5 June (Edinburgh)
- Overview and History of Space in Scotland (Royal Observatory of Scotland)
- Higgs Centre for Innovation
- Afternoon Insights: Introducing Scotland’s Earth Observation Solutions
- Informal networking event
- Dinner in Edinburgh
Tuesday, 6 June (Glasgow)
- Coach to Glasgow
- Visit to Skyrora – NewSpace rocket company
- Afternoon Insights: From NewSpace to Net Zero – An Interactive Tour of Scottish Space Capabilities
- Networking and reception
- Programme ends – return to Edinburgh
Optional: Combine with the Space-Comm Expo in Farnborough, England
Make the most of your trip by going to the Space-Comm Expo, which takes place in Farnborough from June 7-8 2023.
- The UK’s largest event for the commercial space sector
- Meet the British space industry to learn, network and do business
- Showcase of the newest innovations in the manufacturing supply chain for products, services, and solutions
- Meet-the-buyer sessions, influential speakers, new technologies, and face-to-face networking
Travel options include flying from Edinburgh to London Gatwick or Heathrow evening of 6 June or morning of 7 June. It is also possible to travel by rail from Edinburgh to Farnborough via London (5-6 hours).
The programme is free of charge. Participants pay for their own transport (except in Scotland) and accommodation.
Contact Anders Laustsen, Project Development Manager, CenSec, to indicate your interest and share your ideas:
Phone: +45 52 13 15 42