19 January 2021
Technology alone is not enough to build cyber security. This webinar highlights the future of cyber security challenges and the role of international co-operation in tackling those challenges.
Prof Isaac Ben-Israel, Israel’s leading cyber security expert, will discuss lessons from Israel on empowering cyber security. His talk will include topics such as the interdisciplinary nature of cybersecurity, balancing the tension between security and privacy and the role of regulation.
Neil Robinson, Policy Officer, Cyber Defence at NATO, will shed light on NATO’s role, function and activities regarding cyber defence, what NATO does not do in cyber as well as how NATO’s approach to cyber defence has evolved.
The webinar is hosted by NECC, North European Cybersecurity Cluster. See more about NECC here: NECC – North European Cybersecurity Cluster
When: 19 January from 12.15-15.00
12:15 Foreword by Juha Remes / NECC Chairman of the board
12:30 Prof. Isaac Ben-Israel: Empowering Cyber Security: lessons from Israel
• What Cyber threats are?
• The Interdisciplinary nature of Cyber Security
• Who should be in charge of securing Critical Infrastructures?
• Information Sharing and Trust building
• Balancing the tension between Security and Privacy
• The Role of Regulation
• International Cooperation: Norms are necessary
13:15 Q&A session
13:30 Neil Robinson, Cyber Defence at NATO: From Wales to Warsaw and beyond
• What does NATO do in cyber (and what does it not do)
• Article 5 and cyber attacks
• Evolution of NATO’s approach through the major Allied decisions on cyber defence
14:15 Q&A session for the lecture
14:30 4 * 5 min company presentations by NECC members
15:00 Closing remarks
The webinar is free for interested stakeholders to participate in. A link to the webinar will be send to you about a week before the event.
Sign up below: