8 November 2022
Space Innovation Event Toulouse
The Royal Danish Embassy in France, Aerospace Valley and CenSec are happy to invite you to the Space Innovation Event in Toulouse, France.
Date: 8 November 2022
Location: Palais Niel, Rue Montoulieu Saint-Jacques, 31000 Toulouse, France
Price: Free (Travel expenses and accommodation at own cost)
Space has increasingly become an important part of our everyday life and plays a vital part when it comes to areas such as; defence, security as well as environmental research and technological development and innovation. Most of our important technologies for personal use depend on space as well: telephone, GPS and television to name but a few.
The safeguarding of national interests, the protection of space-assets and general use of space-based technology plays an ever more important role in the defence and security strategies of both France and Denmark.
Besides security and defence, it is also becoming clear that space-related technologies can play an important part in analysing, and hopefully, helping to solve the emerging climate crisis, for instance through the intelligent use of earth-observation data. This is important for both France and Denmark, as no country is immune to the possibly devastating effects of climate change.
Lastly, the space domain is also an important driver for broad economic and scientific development. The dual-use of most products and services plus the scientific “spill-over” tie the civilian and military sectors to each other to a degree not seen before in any industry.
The purpose of this event is to initiate further cooperation between the Danish and French space-ecosystems – from a governmental and defence & security perspective but also regarding research cooperation and establishing commercial partnerships.
Danish and French governmental representatives, researchers and scientists, SME and large-scale companies (including OEM), cluster organisations and business promotion agencies.
Note: Sign up is binding and deadline is 14 October 2022.
7 November 2022
Dinner for Danish participants in Toulouse City Center with HRH BG Prince Joachim (optional and self-payment)
8 November 2022
09.15 – 10.00: Arrival and coffee
10.00 – 12.00: Conference
“What is at stake in Space for Europe – from a security, technological and environmental perspective?”
Moderator: HRH BG Prince Joachim, Defence attaché to France
- Welcome address by Defence Attaché, Brigadier General Prince Joachim
- Opening address from Houston by Andreas Mogensen
- Lead-in by CEO EUTELSAT Eva Berneke
- Followed by main speaker: Minister for Higher Education and Science, Jesper Petersen, and his French counterpart
- Followed by a panel debate:
- Kim Jesper Jørgensen, Commander and National Armaments Director, Danish Ministry of Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organization
- Anders Rex, Defence Command Denmark, MG (Air Force)
- Rasmus Larsen, Provost, DTU
- And their French counterparts
12.00 – 13.00: Lunch
13.00 – 14.45: Space Innovation Exchange
Moderator: Klaus Bolving, CEO, CenSec
Presentation of four Danish and French strongholds with suggestions for possible areas of cooperation:
Theme 1: Space Safety – Enabling safe and secure use of space
- Danish presenter: Michael Linden-Vørnle, DTU Space
- French presenter: Joel Castets, CEO, Agenium
Theme 2: Nano & Micro Satelittes
- Thomas Phister, GomSpace: “Small Satellites: a key component for European Sovereignty, independence and competitiveness”
- Karl Kaas, Space Inventor: “Micro Satellites”
- Gregory Pradels, VP development, & Nicolas Multan, CEO, Hemeria
Theme 3: Satellite Surveillance – security applications and tracking climate change
- Danish presenter: Mikkel Høegh Bojesen, DHI
- French presenter: Nadia Maaref Director, Maritime Surveillance Business Unit, CLS
Theme 4: Space Instrumentation
- Danish presenter: Aleksandar Grgic, VP Space Solutions, Weibel: “State-Of-The-Art 4-D AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) MMR (Multi Mission Radar) systems for space applications”
- French presenter: Didier Zely, Manager of the Business Unit Satellites & Space Instruments, Mecano ID
15.00 – 17.00: Matchmaking
15 minutes “speed dating” sessions (scheduled in advance)
Goal: To promote future R&D cooperation with both scientific and industrial French stakeholders, which are among the global industry leaders and typically key players in EU cooperation programs
17.15 – 17.30: Closing address by Defence Attaché, Brigadier General Prince Joachim
17.30 – 18.00: End of event and drinks
9 November 2022
Company visits organised by the Danish Embassy (transportation fee not included)
Numerous hotels in different price ranges can be found in Toulouse. We recommend the area in the city center around Capitole. However The Crowne Plaza Toulouse or The Mercure Toulouse Centre Saint–Georges are often used when foreign delegations are in town.
Business formal (tie and jacket) or equivalent for military personnel
Kastrup – Toulouse
1. Air France, departure 06.25 Kastrup, arrival 14.45
2. Easy Jet, departure 12.35 Kastrup, arrival 18.00. (possible to make the dinner if no delays)
Billund – Toulouse:
Air France, departure 6.30, arrival 13.10
8 November: Toulouse – Kastrup
Air France, departure 19.00, arrival 23.35
Toulouse – Kastrup
1. KLM, departure 17.00, arrival 22.50
2. Air France departure 19.00, arrival 23.25.
Toulouse – Billund
Lufthansa, departure 18.40, arrival 22.50.
The Toulouse-Blagnac Airport is located in the northwest, outside of the city. There are two options to reach downtown Toulouse:
- The T2 tramway line (every 10 minutes) within 30 minutes of the city center
- The Airport shuttle (every 20 minutes) within 45 minutes.
The subway (Marengo SNCG station) and several public bus lines allow you to easily reach their final destination inside the city.
If you have any questions regarding the event, please contact Anders Laustsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 52 13 15 42.
This event is part of an initiative co-financed by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science.